Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam - Never Seen Before!


Well the situation has officially spiraled out of control. There isn’t a filter anywhere that can ensure that I receive the messages I want, and not the garbage I get. 
Maybe it’s the holiday season, but we now receive over 400 spam emails a day among to our info, sales and support email addresses. Personally, I receive about 300 to mine.
There really is only one solution that works, and that is the one that requires the sender to verify they are a real person the first time they email.
So as of this morning, we have installed Spam Arrest on my personal email, as well as the general company email addressess. We pre-loaded a whitelist of customers and contacts, but that’s only a start. 
Let me publicly apologize to anyone who has not received a response from me, or from one of our general email addresses. I have missed too many emails lately because of this, and it ends here….
And to those of you that get annoyed when you have to type in those funny numbers the first time you email someone, understand that it’s the only way to ensure that every email from that point on will get read and responded to.
Whoever comes up with a 100% accurate, automated way to rid the world of spam should have their face carved in a mountain…..
(no I’m not kidding….)

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: